ESE stands for Engineering Services Examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC every year as a combined competitive examination for recruitment into various government engineering organisations like –
- Indian Railway Services of Engineers (IRSE)
- Central Engineering Services (CES)
- Military Engineering Services (MES) &
- 40+ other departmental organizations
The examination are conducted separately for the following departments –
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
The examination is conducted in three Stages –
- Stage 1 – Preliminary
- Stage 2 – Mains
- Stage 3 – Personality Test
Final year student can also appear for the examination.
Cracking the ESE exam requires not just academic knowledge but also knowledge of General Studies & Engineering Aptitude. Right attitude and personality are also required to crack personality test.
Age Limit – Applicants have to be within the age span of 21 – 30 Years as on 1st August of the year of examination. (Certain categories of persons including departmental candidates as specified in the Commission’s Notice published in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar are eligible for age relaxation.)
Education – A Degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent., M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects are also acceptable for certain Services / posts only.
Nationality – The candidate should be an Indian Citizen
There are multiple benefits for students qualifying in ESE Exam
- Structured Career growth: Students qualifying in ESE Exam are recruited in ‘Mid-Level Management Positions’ in prestigious Government Organisations. Thereafter, career growth is well defined with promotions and career advances planned at appropriate levels based upon performance. There is scope for IES qualified candidates to even rise to the Top Management with the right mix of intelligence, hard work and discipline.
- Attractive Salary Package with perks: IES recruits not only have attractive salaries, they also have other additional perks like house, health insurance, LTA and post retirement benefits.
- Mix of Technical & Managerial responsibilities: The job profile for IES officers has a good mix of technical and managerial responsibilities. The engineering students who have always liked their technical subjects will get a chance to continue working in the technical domain. They will also get to handle key functionalities and manage teams in an organization of national repute.
- Opportunity to serve the nation: IES recruit officers also work towards the welfare of the country by working in pivotal organizations which contribute towards the development of the country. IES officers are exposed to almost all the sectors of government functioning. These officers also provide link and continuity in policy-making.
Click this link for syllabus of ESE Mechanical: ese-reforms-publicity-6-7-mech
Please find below the (branch-wise and category-wise) cut-offs for ESE examination.
ESE 2015 (CUT-OFF Marks for Objective Stage, Written Stage & Final Stage)
You must log in to post a comment.