1. Was it your first attempt? If no, then share experience of your previous GATE attempts.
Shivam says- it was may second attempt in first attempt i got about 2000 rank because of silly mistakes due to less practise.
2. What was your strategy for attempting the paper? Which section did you attempt first? How did you distribute time among various sections?
Shivam says – I attempted technical questions first of 1 marks then 2 marks then proceed to aptitute and english section. Since i was confident in technical portion so I started with it. Start with your strong portion always.
3. A lot of questions asked in GATE are numerical answer type questions. According to you, what can help aspirants in improving accuracy in NAT questions?
Shivam says – I think practice and habit of solving full questions not by guessing with options helps in improving accuracy.
4. What was your motive behind appearing for GATE?
Shivam says – I want to go in public sector and earn social respect for myself . Moreover, I had taken it as a challenge for myself
5. Which study material and standard books would you recommend for GATE aspirants in each subject?
Shivam says – About study material either prepare self notes or take references from any teacher. Few standard books like s.s. ratan for tom, punamia for som, pk nag for thermodynamics will surely help you but since practice questions is most important part so solve questions as per gate standard as much as you can.
6. How many months did you take to prepare for GATE? When did you start you GATE preparation and in which month were you able to complete the course once?
Shivam says – If you really want to go smoothly and steady then give 1 year full time so that you will be able to revise again and again.i started preparing after my 3rd year exam.
7. Syllabus for GATE is really vast. What was your revision strategy for GATE while preparations?
Shivam says – I revised important subjects like thermo, som, tom, production many times and gave less importance to subject like english and material science.
8. What do you think is the role of solving previous year GATE questions in GATE preparations?
Shivam says – It is very important part to check yourself whether you are able to match gate standard or not more over same type of questions ask each year.
9. What is the role of mock tests in your success in GATE exam? How many mock tests did you attempt? When did you start attempting mock tests?
Shivam says – I started giving mock test in November. It is very important to be friendly with computer, calculator uses etc. I gave approx 7-9 full length tests and few subject tests.
10. How did you used to score in Mock Tests? According to you, is there any correlation between mock test score and actual GATE score?
Shivam says – In my full length mock test I always tried to be in top 50 or 100. There is a correlation as it gives you confidence. But i know few friends who did not score good in mocks but got good rank in real test.
11. What was your biggest motivation for GATE? What kept you going?
Shivam says – My goal to get in a PSU! This motivated me all the time.
12. Getting a good rank in an exam like GATE is a really emotional moment, How was it like for you? Whom would you link to dedicate this success to?
Shivam says – It was definitely related to my family members who help me in every time.
13. Any success mantra in particular for GATE aspirants?
Shivam says – Only one thing: as much you will work hard same you will get return in exam. So give your best. Keep yourself motivated and practise questions more after completing your syllabus.
We, at Exergic, are always working towards making journey of aspirants smooth and successful. If you know any GATE / ESE topper who wants his journey to be shared with other aspirants, then you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org