A brief of interview experience of Rohit Thapliyal is given below:
“My interview was on 28th May 2018. After entering, I was asked to take the seat. There were 5 members in the panel, consisting one madam from HR.
Firstly they asked me to tell them about myself where I gave my basic introduction.
Then this is how my interview started:
• What you think about ONGC, tell in 5 sentences. I told about ONGC and in 4th point, I told so many things that I felt blank while telling 5th sentence. So, I just said one word, “Dream!” He smiled.
• What is cooling tower?
• Tell me about boilers and its types.
• Tell me about bearings and its types.
• What is scavenging.
• What is supercharging?
• What is the difference between supercharging and turbocharging?
• Tell about your internship experience? What did you do in your internship? (I had done internship from DRDO Dehradun) and they asked 2-3 technical questions related to what I told about my internship.
• Explain your B.Tech final year project. It was on concepts related to psychrometry, so they asked me 3-4 technical questions about it.
This is how my HR Interview was:
• I was asked few questions from my application form. Like what are your negative etc. on the basis of what I had written in the form. So, make sure you fill the form correctly and remember what you have written there.
• Tell me about Make In India (Govt Initiative) and its objectives.
• Which ministry ONGC comes in? I answered. Then I was asked who was the minister of this ministry. I answered.
• Who is the current Chairman of ONGC? I answered.
Final Result: SELECTED